Clean TentsSetting up Camp: All you need to know about Clean Tents
The Clean Tent offers a unique and flexible solution for creating controlled environments. A Monmouth Scientific product since 2021 and intended for users that require temporary cleanroom facilities or clean storage, the solution is engineered for easy manoeuvrability and high performance. A portable ISO 5 system that allows a working area to be quickly reconfigured, immediately adding cleanroom capacity wherever it is required.
Features & Benefits.
- Easy Installation and Portability: Clean Tents from Monmouth Scientific are designed for easy installation and portability. They are lightweight and modular, allowing for quick setup and dismantling as needed. This feature makes them ideal for temporary projects or situations that require mobility, providing flexibility in creating controlled environments wherever they are needed. A HEPA Bag Protects the whole fan filter unit including the HEPA and pre-filter, while the tent also fits neatly into a Tent Bag when in transport or storage.
- ISO Class Compliance: Monmouth Scientific’s Clean Tents are designed to meet strict ISO cleanliness standards. The tents create an ISO Class 5 environment, ensuring the controlled environment necessary for critical operations in industries such as pharmaceuticals, electronics, and medical device manufacturing.
- Durable Construction: A ground sheet made from anti-static reinforced Tryoll creates a tough durable base unit. The one-piece top tent comprises two compartments; an entry airlock/ gowning room and the main work cabin, which is contained within a high quality PVC envelope, making good use of ambient lighting. Interconnecting Vinyl Floor is easy to fit and, once laid, the surface can easily be extended, removed, or relocated. The floor covering is suitable for heavy traffic and resistant to chemical attacks and decontamination.
- High-Efficiency Filtration: Clean Tents from Monmouth Scientific are equipped with efficient filtration systems. The HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filters used in these tents effectively remove particles down to 0.3 microns with an efficiency of 99.97%. This level of filtration ensures a clean and particle-free environment, minimizing the risk of contamination during sensitive operations.
- Positive Pressure System: Monmouth Scientific’s Clean Tents feature a positive pressure system, which creates a higher pressure inside the tent compared to the surrounding environment. This positive pressure helps prevent the ingress of contaminants from the outside, further enhancing the cleanliness and integrity of the controlled environment.
- Integrated Airflow Control: Clean Tents from Monmouth Scientific are equipped with adjustable airflow control, allowing users to maintain the desired air exchange rate and pressure conditions for their specific applications.
- Effective Solution: Investing in Monmouth Scientific’s Clean Tents offers a cost-effective solution for creating controlled environments. Compared to constructing permanent cleanrooms, clean tents provide a more affordable option, saving on construction costs, maintenance expenses, and the need for extensive facility modifications.
Clean Tent vs. Cleanroom.
If compared with a Modular Cleanroom, the Clean Tent is a cost-effective solution for temporary clean environments. Its fully portable design means the Clean Tent does not require planning, estates or building permissions, unlike a Cleanroom’s expensive build and maintenance costs and specialised expertise for installation and operation.
Clean Tents may have limitations in terms of the number of personnel and equipment that can be accommodated inside which can restrict the scope of operations and experimental setups especially as industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology require compliance with stringent regulatory standards, which can be better achieved with dedicated Cleanroom facilities.
Use in Industry.
Clean Tents find applications in various industries where creating controlled and sterile environments is crucial.
- Emergency and Field Humanitarian Operations: Clean Tents can be deployed in emergency response situations and field operations, providing temporary controlled environments for medical triage, mobile laboratories, and other critical operations. They enable medical professionals and researchers to work in clean and sterile conditions even in challenging and remote locations.
- Automotive and Precision Engineering: Clean tents find applications in automotive manufacturing and precision engineering industries. They create clean and controlled environments for activities such as precision machining, surface finishing, and assembly of critical components.
- Medical Device Production: Clean tents are employed in the manufacturing of medical devices, including surgical instruments, implants, and diagnostic equipment. These sterile environments minimize the risk of contamination, ensuring the quality and reliability of medical devices.
- Electronics Assembly: In the electronics industry, clean tents play a vital role in protecting sensitive electronic components from dust, particles, and contaminants during assembly and testing processes. They help maintain the required cleanliness levels for reliable and high-performance electronic devices.
- Aerospace and Defence: Clean tents are utilised in aerospace and defence industries for the assembly, testing, and maintenance of sensitive components and equipment. These controlled environments help minimize the presence of particles and contaminants that could affect the performance and reliability of aerospace systems.
Precision Engineering in a Clean Tent: Land Speed Record attempt uses Clean Tent to build rocket engine.
Achieving mind-boggling speeds and pushing the limits of engineering requires a meticulous approach to design and construction. The Bloodhound Land Speed Record project embodies this pursuit of excellence, aiming to set new records in land speed.
At a round of testing, located in Norway, the Bloodhound LSR team required a quick solution and a cleanroom capacity in the field, precisely what the Clean Tent is designed to achieve. To ensure the utmost precision and performance, the Bloodhound LSR team utilised the ISO 6 environment to protect the car’s high-powered hybrid rocket pump system whilst it is stripped down and deep cleaned ready for testing.
The construction and assembly of the engine require a controlled environment that minimises the presence of contaminants. Even the tiniest particles or impurities can affect the engine’s performance and compromise its safety at extreme speeds. The Clean Tent provides a controlled environment that adheres to strict cleanliness standards, ensuring that the engine is built with precision and free from contaminants.
Through meticulous engineering and the use of a Clean Tent, the Bloodhound LSR project pushes the boundaries of speed and innovation, inspiring future generations of engineers and leaving an indelible mark on the world of land speed records.
The Monmouth Scientific Clean Tent offers a versatile solution for creating controlled and sterile environments in a wide range of industries and applications. Their ability to maintain cleanliness, control contamination, and provide flexibility in setup makes them invaluable tools for industries that prioritise precision, reliability, and safety.
For more information on how our Market Leading Clean Air Solutions can benefit you, contact Monmouth Scientific’s Technical Sales Experts on; 01278 458090 or email [email protected].