At Monmouth Scientific, we are committed to providing solutions that foster a clean and sustainable environment. Our key innovation is the use of recirculating technology, enhanced by activated carbon and HEPA filtration. Join us in marking Clean Air Day and discover how our technologies contribute to a healthier planet.


Recirculating technology involves the continuous movement of air through a filtration unit. Unlike traditional systems that expel untreated air to the outside environment, recirculating systems clean and reuse the indoor air. This approach offers several advantages:

  • Environmental Impact: As no untreated air is released to atmosphere there is no impact.
  • Energy Efficiency: Recirculating systems are more energy efficient as they reduce the need for conditioning of make up air. Indirectly this also reduces the carbon footprint.
  • Cost Savings: Lower energy consumption translates to reduced overall operational costs.


HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filters are designed to capture sub-micron sized airborne particles. This includes for example, dust, pollen, mould, bacteria, and other airborne particles. HEPA filters are a cornerstone in achieving clean air standards in various settings, from hospitals, to research labs and cleanrooms.

Monmouth Scientific solutions utilising HEPA filters:

Activated carbon filters are used to capture fumes, it has been specially processed to have small, low-volume, high-surface area pores that increase the capacity for absorption or chemical reactions.

It is highly effective at trapping a wide variety of fumes including volatile organic compounds (VOCs), Acid and general odours, which are often the most challenging pollutants to remove from the air.

  • Chemical filtration: Can adsorb a wide variety of harmful gases and VOCs, which are not captured by other types of filters.
  • Odor removal: It is particularly effective at removing unpleasant odours from the air, ensuring a more pleasant indoor environment.
  • High adsorption capacity: A huge area to volume ratio means a high capacity.

Monmouth Scientific solutions utilising activated carbon filters:


Our Hybrid Fume Cupboards leverage the synergy of activated carbon and HEPA filtration to deliver unparalleled air quality within a single workspace. Here’s how the combination works:

  • Gas and Odor Removal: The air moves through the activated carbon filter, where fumes, VOCs, and odours are adsorbed, resulting in clean, odour-free air.
  • Particulate Capture: Air passes through the HEPA filter, where particulate matter, including dust, bacteria, and other pathogens, are captured.
  • Recirculation: Cleaned and free of contaminants, the airflow is divided so 40% is extracted to the duct extract system and the remaining 60% is recirculated back into the working chamber to provide containment and operator safety.


At Monmouth Scientific, our commitment to creating a clean and sustainable environment drives us to innovate and improve our air purification solutions continually. Recirculating technology, enhanced with Activated Carbon and HEPA filtration, offers a robust, efficient, and sustainable approach to maintaining high air quality standards.

By integrating these advanced technologies, we not only protect the health and well-being of individuals but also contribute to the global effort to reduce energy consumption and environmental impact.