- Territory: UK Nationwide | Home based – (Reading or area)
- Reporting To: Operations Director
- Holiday: 25 days per full calendar year, increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
Summary Of Duties
Monmouth Scientific Limited (MSL) is a market leading UK based manufacturer of clean air solutions (Filtration Fume Cabinets, Biological Safety Cabinets, Laminar Air, and ISO Class Cleanrooms) for a diverse market base including laboratory, research, pathology, forensics, pharmaceutical, electronics and aerospace.
MSL employs over 60 people and are part of the SDI Group who specialise in the scientific industry.
Having recently expanded and moved into a new Somerset based head office we are now looking for an additional technical service professional to help us maintain our installed base of products.
We need a candidate who has extremely high standards of technical work, is dependable and trustworthy, and possesses excellent interpersonal skills. The right candidate will be confident to effectively carry out installations, commissioning, servicing, maintenance, documentation and training of Monmouth Scientific manufactured product as well as 3rd party cabinetry and clean facilities.
This role is nationwide and will likely have regular, multiple nights away from home. Which are fully expensed with an additional overnight salary premium.
- Working alongside other Monmouth team members and our delivery partner in the construction and installation of cleanrooms, cabinets, benches and other products.
- To ensure new Monmouth delivered product is installed correctly and conforms to the relevant standards when. Cabinets are generally delivered and positioned by our delivery partner ready for the commissioning process
- To carry out servicing on a wide range of Monmouth and other brands of cabinets and facilities, ensuring that the products are safe to use and conform to the relevant standards
- To carry out breakdown and routine maintenance of Monmouth and other brands of cabinets and facilities, identifying what parts, filters and/or personnel are needed to repair and revalidate the equipment
- Explaining to the customer the installed cabinets to allow them to get the most out of the product as well as understanding how to carry out the relevant maintenance needed between services
- Ensuring all site documentation is completed in a timely manner for review and forwarding to the customer.
- Completing service department paperwork in a timely manner
- Assisting where necessary with any other adhoc duties, tasks and general Company activities required or deemed necessary.
- Attend all in-house company meetings (service team meetings, product trainings etc) as required.
- Report on a regular and as required basis regarding activity, customer responses and condition of products in the field.
Key Skills & Personal Specification (including but not limited to)
- MSL need a candidate who is capable of working as a field-based service professional who can offer technical solutions to our customers; Key skills will include;Full driving lcence
- Full Driving License
- Excellent analysing and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work with a high level of accuracy, both written and typed.
- Confident & effective communication and listening skills, on the telephone and in person
- Calm and professional disposition, self-motivated and enthusiastic, willing to accept responsibility.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines, with minimal management supervision
- Electrically qualified
- Ducting and plastic Welding
- CSCS Card
Training will be given.
To apply for the position of Service Engineer, please write a covering letter, enclosing your current CV and any other relevant supporting material to:
Kimberly Lock; Financial Controller
Monmouth Scientific Limited
Monmouth House, Peninsula Business Park, Bristol Road, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA64QB or by e-mail to: [email protected]
Applicants who demonstrate competency in the key selection criteria and most closely match our requirements will be short-listed for a brief telephone Interview soon after the closing date. If you are successful at this first stage, you will be invited to a more formal Interview.
All applications received by post, e-mail or delivered in person by this time will be acknowledged.
Monmouth cannot accept responsibility for late applications or those lost in the post or e-mail system.
Monmouth Scientific Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer, and positively encourages applications from those who meet our selection criteria from all areas of society. We select candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience, and recruit individuals who we believe have the right mix of personality, talent and potential to succeed within our company. We are committed to the fair treatment of our staff, existing and potential, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, age, physical / mental disability, reprimands, cautions, convictions, outstanding criminal proceedings, historical criminal records or other offending background. We absolutely undertake, therefore, not to discriminate unfairly against applicants on any grounds. Please ensure, however, that you have ‘entitlement and eligibility’ to work in the UK before applying, as it is unlawful to employ anyone who does not.
Information held by Monmouth complies with and is stored in accordance with the ‘General Data Protection Regulation 2018’. By submitting your Application for this role, you agree to us sharing your data with relevant personnel for the purpose of this recruitment campaign, and thereby consent to any such details being used in line with this Regulation.
Candidates must understand that any offer of employment by Monmouth Scientific Ltd is subject to proof of the right to work in the UK, the receipt of references acceptable to the Company, the successful passing of a ‘DBS’ or ‘Security Clearance’ check if relevant to the position offered, and a satisfactory medical examination if required.
By submitting your Application, you understand that any intentional mis-statement or misleading information written as part of your Application or CV, or discussed during any subsequent interview, may render this Application and any subsequent Contract invalid, and you are therefore declaring that the information and facts contained in your Application and any accompanying support material submitted by you for this position are, to the best of your knowledge, true and complete.
No Agencies please