Procurement and Supply Chain Officer
- Reporting to: Production Purchasing Manager
- Holiday: 25 days per full calendar year, increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
- Location : Monmouth Scientific HQ, Bridgwater
Summary of Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Review minimum and reorder quantities of stock
- Updating and reviewing part nominal codes in sage
- Process MRP system, actioning purchase requirements and works orders
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers for best price, credit terms and lead times
- Reviewing lead times on a weekly basis and chasing outstanding purchase orders
- Raising purchase orders as per MRP or requisitions
- Collate and review supplier documentation for approval on approved supplier report
- Weekly and monthly reporting, including stock levels, late deliveries, open orders, performance of suppliers in terms of quality, pricing and security
- Liaise with technical department for R&D requirements and special requisitions
- Tracking warehouse stock
- Liaise with Procurement staff on quality issues and manage quality process with supplier including root cause analysis.
- Reviewing supply quotes for best quality, cost and lead times before placing orders
- To assist the Purchasing Manager with all day-to-day operations
- To liaise with Purchasing Manager, Production Supervisor to prioritise Works Orders to meet future Cabinet / Filter requirements and changing delivery schedules.
- Assist with supplier on-boarding
- To assist with Stock Checks ensuring that figures are accurate at all times.
- Report to other departments on any supply chain issues that will push sales order lead times out
- To keep the ‘COSHH’ and ‘MSDS’ folders up to date with any and all chemicals used in Production throughout the business, and update Business Director as any changes or additions occur.
- To assist where necessary with any other adhoc duties, tasks or activities required or deemed necessary.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers and their ESG compliance
Essential Key Skills & Personal Specification (including but not limited to)
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work with a high level of accuracy, both written and typed.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a Procurement Operations, Finance or Customer Service environment with high transaction volumes
- Working knowledge of Sage 200, Microsoft Office, and Outlook
- Qualified CIPS or working towards
- High personal standards and a ‘driven’ approach to work, willing to accept responsibility.
- Excellent time management and proficient organisational skills
- Ability to respond to change and re-prioritise workloads accordingly as part of a frequently changing schedule.
- Ability to work methodically and following strict processes and guidelines.
- Personable nature, with confident and effective verbal & listening skills, able to communicate clearly with staff and Customers at all levels.
NB: This Job Description is provided to assist the Employee in understanding the principal duties of the role. It may, however, be amended from time to time by the HR Department as the job evolves, in consultation with the Employee, without any change to the level of responsibility or remuneration appropriate to the grading of the position.
To apply for the position, please write a covering letter, enclosing your current CV and any other relevant supporting material to:
Kimberly Lock; Financial Controller
Monmouth Scientific Limited
Monmouth House, Peninsula Business Park, Bristol Road, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA64QB or by e-mail to: [email protected]
Applicants who demonstrate competency in the key selection criteria and most closely match our requirements will be short-listed for a brief telephone Interview soon after the closing date. If you are successful at this first stage, you will be invited to a more formal Interview.
All applications received by post, e-mail or delivered in person by this time will be acknowledged.
Monmouth cannot accept responsibility for late applications or those lost in the post or e-mail system.
Monmouth Scientific Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer, and positively encourages applications from those who meet our selection criteria from all areas of society. We select candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience, and recruit individuals who we believe have the right mix of personality, talent and potential to succeed within our company. We are committed to the fair treatment of our staff, existing and potential, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, age, physical / mental disability, reprimands, cautions, convictions, outstanding criminal proceedings, historical criminal records or other offending background. We absolutely undertake, therefore, not to discriminate unfairly against applicants on any grounds. Please ensure, however, that you have ‘entitlement and eligibility’ to work in the UK before applying, as it is unlawful to employ anyone who does not.
Information held by Monmouth complies with and is stored in accordance with the ‘General Data Protection Regulation 2018’. By submitting your Application for this role, you agree to us sharing your data with relevant personnel for the purpose of this recruitment campaign, and thereby consent to any such details being used in line with this Regulation.
Candidates must understand that any offer of employment by Monmouth Scientific Ltd is subject to proof of the right to work in the UK, the receipt of references acceptable to the Company, the successful passing of a ‘DBS’ or ‘Security Clearance’ check if relevant to the position offered, and a satisfactory medical examination if required.
By submitting your Application, you understand that any intentional mis-statement or misleading information written as part of your Application or CV, or discussed during any subsequent interview, may render this Application and any subsequent Contract invalid, and you are therefore declaring that the information and facts contained in your Application and any accompanying support material submitted by you for this position are, to the best of your knowledge, true and complete.
No Agencies please