- Reporting to: Managing Director
- Holiday: 25 days per full calendar year, increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
- Location : Monmouth Scientific HQ, Bridgwater
Summary of Duties & Key Responsibilities
Part of the Management Team with overall responsibility for the Operations team, comprising Production, Purchasing, Stores/Despatch and Service.
Ensuring that customer requirements are manufactured, delivered and commissioned both cost-effectively and in a timely manner. Whilst also ensuring that all relevant Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety system/procedures are followed.
Develop, Monitor and improve KPIs for the department, ensuring the continual performance improvement of the operational team, ensuring customers’ expectations are met or exceeded.at all times.
- Ensure on-time in full deliveries through effective planning and organisation of resources.
- Ensure production standards are developed and maintained, whilst identifying and implementing production efficiency improvements.
- Effective control of overtime.
- Minimise waste within the production environment and develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Mentoring and training supervisors to support career development within the business
- Ensure that company quality systems are maintained, and that quality and procedures are followed in all departments.
- Work with the technical department to ensure that the products produced perform according to the standards and customer requirements.
- Take ownership of operational non-conformances and resolve root causes to prevent reoccurrence.
Health & Safety
- Manage health and safety committee and systems within the business (with support from external competent person)
- Manage HR processes within the operations team.
- Identify training requirements and ensure adequate skill exist within the team.
- Identify, report and improve KPI’s in each department.
Essential Key Skills & Personal Specification (including but not limited to)
- An experienced Production/Operations professional and natural leader.
- Confident & effective communication and listening skills, able to work at all levels in an organisation.
- Calm and professional disposition, self-motivated and enthusiastic, willing to accept responsibility and drive performance improvement.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines.
- Sage200 and Sicon experience
NB: This Job Description is provided to assist the Employee in understanding the principal duties of the role. It may, however, be amended from time to time by the HR Department as the job evolves, in consultation with the Employee, without any change to the level of responsibility or remuneration appropriate to the grading of the position.
To apply for the position, please write a covering letter, enclosing your current CV and any other relevant supporting material to:
Kimberly Lock; Financial Controller
Monmouth Scientific Limited
Monmouth House, Peninsula Business Park, Bristol Road, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA64QB or by e-mail to: [email protected]
Applicants who demonstrate competency in the key selection criteria and most closely match our requirements will be short-listed for a brief telephone Interview soon after the closing date. If you are successful at this first stage, you will be invited to a more formal Interview.
All applications received by post, e-mail or delivered in person by this time will be acknowledged.
Monmouth cannot accept responsibility for late applications or those lost in the post or e-mail system.
Monmouth Scientific Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer, and positively encourages applications from those who meet our selection criteria from all areas of society. We select candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience, and recruit individuals who we believe have the right mix of personality, talent and potential to succeed within our company. We are committed to the fair treatment of our staff, existing and potential, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, age, physical / mental disability, reprimands, cautions, convictions, outstanding criminal proceedings, historical criminal records or other offending background. We absolutely undertake, therefore, not to discriminate unfairly against applicants on any grounds. Please ensure, however, that you have ‘entitlement and eligibility’ to work in the UK before applying, as it is unlawful to employ anyone who does not.
Information held by Monmouth complies with and is stored in accordance with the ‘General Data Protection Regulation 2018’. By submitting your Application for this role, you agree to us sharing your data with relevant personnel for the purpose of this recruitment campaign, and thereby consent to any such details being used in line with this Regulation.
Candidates must understand that any offer of employment by Monmouth Scientific Ltd is subject to proof of the right to work in the UK, the receipt of references acceptable to the Company, the successful passing of a ‘DBS’ or ‘Security Clearance’ check if relevant to the position offered, and a satisfactory medical examination if required.
By submitting your Application, you understand that any intentional mis-statement or misleading information written as part of your Application or CV, or discussed during any subsequent interview, may render this Application and any subsequent Contract invalid, and you are therefore declaring that the information and facts contained in your Application and any accompanying support material submitted by you for this position are, to the best of your knowledge, true and complete.
No Agencies please