Electrical Design Engineer
- Reporting To: Design Manager
- Salary Range: Competitive Salary (negotiable depending upon experience), 37½ hours per week, paid monthly in arrears.
- Start Date: Immediate
- Holiday: 25 days per full calendar year, increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
Summary Of Duties
- Confidently play an active and integral role in all stages of design with a bias of low-voltage Electrical systems and components for light industrial machinery.
- Develop new products and technologies in line with design brief and budget constraints.
- Liaise with the Design Manager to manage spend against budget, including offering problem-solving and cost-saving strategies.
- Produce electrical designs, drawings, wiring diagrams, manuals and supporting documentation in full compliance with relevant Standards.
- Act as a ‘go-to’ point of knowledge for technical queries from stakeholders, both internal and external to the Company.
- Prepare, present and support electrical, safety and EMC type-testing.
Key Skills & Responsibilities (including, but not limited to)
- Strong conceptual and design skills with the ability to produce creative and innovative solutions for the given project.
- Good understanding and experience of general engineering disciplines, primarily low-voltage electrical but also Electronics, Mechanical, Fluid transfer, Air handling and systems integration.
- Electronics experience and control systems software/programming would be a distinct bonus.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of modern manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Ability to take personal responsibility for a design and see the project through from initial brief to testing & evaluation, and on to final release for manufacture and after-release support.
- Production and maintenance of manufacturing drawings, manuals, design change requests, technical bulletins, databases and drawing registers as well as creating Bills of Materials where applicable.
- CAD skills for the given discipline, with experience of producing detailed documents to the relevant standards.
- Experience of design for EMC & Electrical Safety compliance.
Personal Specification (including, but not limited to)
- Educated to HND / Degree level or equivalent.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and handle simultaneous projects to pre-determined deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to prioritise and resolve issues in a timely manner with attention to detail and high personal standards regarding quality of work.
- Confident written and verbal communication skills with ability to liaise at all levels with clients and external suppliers.
- Willingness and energy to maintain and improve individual skills, keeping up-to-date with the latest design and production techniques.
- Flexible work ethic, willing to support other departments as and when required.
- Good understanding of health and safety responsibilities.
To apply for this position, please write a covering letter detailing your salary expectations, enclosing your current CV and any other relevant supporting material to:
Paul Brookes; HR & Business Director
Monmouth Scientific Limited
Units 5 & 6 Kilnside
Somerset, TA6 4DB
or by e-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: strictly 5pm, Friday 22nd October 2021
Applicants who demonstrate competency in the key selection criteria and most closely match our requirements will be short-listed for a brief telephone Interview soon after the closing date. If you are successful at this first stage, you will be invited to a more formal Interview at our Bridgwater Head Office.
All applications received by post, e-mail or delivered in person by this time will be acknowledged.
Monmouth cannot accept responsibility for late applications or those lost in the post or e-mail system.
About Monmouth Scientific
Monmouth Scientific Limited was established in 2004 and has been expanding steadily ever since. Today we directly employ over 80 people and boast a multi-million-pound turnover. As a member of the SDI Group, a PLC specialising in the Scientific industry, we are part of a larger group of over 200 employees, and growing rapidly. We have a very diverse but niche range of Fume Containment products, Clean Air systems and bespoke Air Handling equipment, which we install, calibrate, service and maintain all over the UK and ROI. We are widely regarded as one of the leading suppliers and manufacturers of Fume Cabinets, Biological Safety Cabinets and Clean Air solutions, not only in the UK, but increasingly more further afield in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Australasia. We supply into some of the most technologically-advanced sectors in the UK, including the F1, Motorsport and Defence industries, as well as Healthcare and Pharmaceutical, Electronics, Manufacturing, Research and Education.
Based in the UK and working nationwide, the successful candidates will complete the delivery, installation, support and on-going maintenance of our full Scientific range of products, as seen on our website.
You will be expected to drive the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland and represent Monmouth face to face with our Customers. It is therefore essential that the successful candidate has extremely high standards of personal presentation, is dependable and trustworthy, and possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
This is a very demanding but rewarding role, and is a fantastic opportunity for candidates wishing to demonstrate their drive and enthusiasm. Long hours, early starts and late finishes are common place, and our engineers regularly stay away from home for several nights in a row. In return for your loyalty, commitment and hard work, we will provide a substantial basic salary plus overtime and other benefits. We envisage the successful candidate developing very quickly into an important part of our dedicated team, and making a huge contribution to the Company.
Monmouth Scientific Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer, and positively encourages applications from those who meet our selection criteria from all areas of society. We select candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience, and recruit individuals who we believe have the right mix of personality, talent and potential to succeed within our company. We are committed to the fair treatment of our staff, existing and potential, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, age, physical / mental disability, reprimands, cautions, convictions, outstanding criminal proceedings, historical criminal records or other offending background. We absolutely undertake, therefore, not to discriminate unfairly against applicants on any grounds. Please ensure, however, that you have ‘entitlement and eligibility’ to work in the UK before applying, as it is unlawful to employ anyone who does not.
Information held by Monmouth complies with and is stored in accordance with the ‘General Data Protection Regulation 2018’. By submitting your Application for this role, you agree to us sharing your data with relevant personnel for the purpose of this recruitment campaign, and thereby consent to any such details being used in line with this Regulation.
Candidates must understand that any offer of employment by Monmouth Scientific Ltd is subject to proof of the right to work in the UK, the receipt of references acceptable to the Company, the successful passing of a ‘DBS’ or ‘Security Clearance’ check if relevant to the position offered, and a satisfactory medical examination if required.
By submitting your Application, you understand that any intentional mis-statement or misleading information written as part of your Application or CV, or discussed during any subsequent interview, may render this Application and any subsequent Contract invalid, and you are therefore declaring that the information and facts contained in your Application and any accompanying support material submitted by you for this position are, to the best of your knowledge, true and complete.
No Agencies please