Monmouth Scientific Limited was established in 2004 and has been expanding rapidly ever since. We have a very diverse but niche range of products covering a variety of disciplines and technologies around Fume Containment and Clean Air and bespoke Air Handling systems. We carry out servicing, repair and calibration of Air Handling Equipment all over the UK and ROI, and we are now regarded as one of the leading suppliers and manufacturers of Fume Cabinets and Clean Air solutions, not only in the UK, but increasingly more further afield in Europe, Africa, The Middle East and Australasia.
Our client base consists of many prestigious companies and organisations in a wide range of sectors from Educational, Defence, Aerospace, Motorsport and Private enterprise--- the NHS, MoD, F1 Racing Teams, Royal Mint and Nuclear Power Stations, as well as many Schools and Universities across the country to name a few.
- Production Assistant
- Reporting To:
- Production Manager
- Salary Range:
- Circa £20,000 per annum d.o.e, 39 hours per week, paid monthly in arrears
- Start Date:
- Monmouth Scientific head office in Bridgwater, Somerset
- 25 days per full calendar year, plus public holidays
Summary Of Duties & Tasks:
- To assemble Monmouth products and equipment as part of the Production Department
- To prioritise works orders to meet changing delivery schedules
- To ensure all products are made to the correct specification, tested and inspected
- To offer problem-solving advice, ensuring production processes run smoothly without impacting Customers
- To check all products for defects, faults or poor quality before passing over for final inspection
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- Assembling and / or manufacturing Monmouth products and equipment in a timely manner
- Following build instructions as given and working to Monmouth Production standards
- Working in a structured and tidy manner in line with Monmouth’s ‘Quality Management System
- Communicating with the Production Supervisor & Manager with regard to stock levels
- Testing equipment as necessary after production ready for final test
- Keeping the Warehouse and Production areas clean & tidy
- Moving stock and equipment using a Pallet Truck or Forklift (after suitable training has been received & verified)
- Adhering to all Health & Safety Policies issued by the Company at all times
- Representing Monmouth in a professional, well presented and courteous manner
- Assisting where necessary with any other adhoc tasks and Warehouse activities required or deemed necessary by Monmouth, including but not limited to acceptance of goods, dispatch of stock, packing of goods & handling
Essential Key Skills & Person Specification:
- Experience in Electrical and Mechanical assembly essential
- Ability to read & fully understand Basic Wiring Diagrams essential
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail, and be able to follow processes and quality-controlled standards of work, in line with Company procedures and guidelines
- Ability to take responsibility for own personal development, in line with agreed annual performance objectives, and undergo ongoing product and application training
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate drive and a proactive approach to work
- Ability to work as part of a team to achieve organisational goals
- GCSEs (or equivalent) Grade “C” in English Language and Mathematics
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- ‘Forklift Licence’ holder
- “CSCS Card” holder
NB: This Job Description is provided to assist the Employee in understanding the principal duties of the role. It may, however, be amended from time to time by the HR Department as the job evolves, in consultation with the Employee, without any change to the level of responsibility or remuneration appropriate to the grading of the position.
Monmouth Scientific Limited was established in 2004 and has been expanding rapidly ever since. We have a very diverse but niche range of products covering a variety of disciplines and technologies around Fume Containment and Clean Air and bespoke Air Handling systems.
We carry out servicing, repair and calibration of Air Handling Equipment all over the UK and ROI, and we are now regarded as one of the leading suppliers and manufacturers of Fume Cabinets and Clean Air solutions, not only in the UK, but increasingly more further afield in Europe, Africa and Asia.
Our client base consists of many prestigious companies and organisations in a wide range of sectors from Educational, Defence, Aerospace, Motorsport and Private enterprise.
As we are a growing company, opportunities are always arising internally and externally for progression. We are therefore pleased to announce that we are looking to introduce a Production Assistant to work within our friendly, committed team in Bridgwater.
The candidate will report directly to the Production Manager and will assist in all aspects of Production within the Company. Duties will include assembling and manufacturing our full range of products, involving the full use of hand tools such as Crimpers and Files, use of power tools such as Jigsaws and Drills, Soldering, Calibrating & Testing with Airflow instruments and DOP Testing equipment, fault-finding using Multi-Meters, and occasional plumbing works depending on Cabinet type.
It is important that the candidate is experienced in electrical and mechanical assembly, enthusiastic, trustworthy, well presented and technically skilled. We would expect you to have at least “C” Grades at GCSE level (or equivalent) in both English and Mathematics, excellent organisational skills, and be able to work accurately and efficiently under pressure.
To apply for this position, please write a covering letter, enclosing your current curriculum vitae and any other supporting material to:
Mr Paul Brookes Human Resources Manager Monmouth Scientific Limited Units 5 & 6 Kilnside East Quay Bridgwater Somerset TA6 4DB Alternatively, applications will be accepted by email to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: strictly 1pm, Friday 16th June 2017
All applications received by post, e-mail or delivered in person by this time will be acknowledged.
We cannot accept responsibility for late applications or those lost in the post or email system.
No Agencies please